Livro: Staff, baton & longsword combat series: Understanding and developing footwork
- Relevância: ★★★
- Título: Staff, baton & longsword combat series: Understanding and developing footwork
- Autor: Luís Franco Preto (mestre)
- Publicação: Ed. Autor, 2012
- Formato: 156 páginas e escrito em inglês (20.32x25.4cm)
Um excelente livro para desenvolver e melhor perceber a técnica de deslocamento utilizada no jogo do pau.
O autor explica e aplica esta mesma técnica de deslocamento para outras práticas, de bastão, vara e espada longa (HEMA).
Footwork has always been regarded as one of the most important elements to the success of a Martial Artist's performance. However, almost all comments heard about this topic are, usually, generic at best: "great footwork", "amazing speed", "better footwork", thus failing to build a better understanding about what makes up effective footwork. This easy to read book with over 100 photos looks to shed some light on this issue by analysing and systematizing:
- The variables that make up effective footwork
- The difference between offensive and defensive footwork
- The relationship between footwork when using weapons of different length
- How to learn footwork so as to have it transfer into sparring